Thursday, December 15, 2011

14 days to go ... & counting ....OCTOBER, 2011

Its come down to this …
2 marathons, 2 months, 2 continents 2 help….
In 14 days the NY Marathon will be GO! If you’ve been meaning to support, now’s the time to do so. Your support lasts much, much longer than 14 days though. Think a lifetime.

For a beautifully written insight to understand why I’m one of thousands around the world running for World Vision please read this short blog:

http://runningwithperseveranceblog.com/2011/10/19/dont-allow-me-to-inspire-you/


Time to start tapering, packing & getting ready to go. As a great supporter you go with me – all the way to those we will help.  You’re helping change lives folks!


  The Challenge!
Who’ll challenge me to get a ‘PB’ (personal best) time?
Will you put up $100 for World Vision if I can achieve a PB? My previous PB on the flat Melbourne course was 3hrs 43 mins with 6,000 runners. Who knows what’s possible in the hills of NYC with 8 times as many runners! Challenge me by return email now!
Otherwise my target time will be 4hrs 30mins. Why? Because that’s the cut off time to get your name in the NY Times newspaper!!


You’re part of something very big!
Team World Vision has been happening all over the world!

In the Melbourne Marathon 85 runners raised $30,000+ (including my Aaron, below);
In Sydney 75 runners over $25,000;

In Chicago 1,000 runners over $1million! (pictured above). Wow!


My training tells the story
1,175 kms logged in training (so far!)

104 training sessions

90,174 calories burnt

76km longest training week



Fundraising
GREAT NEWS! The 9 NY team have raised over $100,000 – so far… but let’s not stop there! Our 9 Aussies will get to meet the NY World Vision running team while in NYC.



And thanks Puma for your great gear. It performs much better than I do but helps me to feel like an athlete! I love it.


For your tax-deductible support click this link:
www.teamworldvision.com.au/andrew_mckenzie_7


Love to hear from you!
Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment