Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Call me "Mr. Ambassador" ... introducing Janji.


Groucho Marx famously said that he "never wanted to belong to any club that would accept him as a member."

Well I've been invited to join a new Club and, unlike Groucho, I couldn't be more stoked! But more about that down the bottom ...

I want to introduce you to a business, a social enterprise, a cause, a movement  - all rolled into one.

About 2 years ago I came across a small article in the US Runner's World Magazine about a company that was producing running gear using themes of developing countries and then providing funding for life changing projects within those countries.

Had me at hello!

This was an awesome concept.

Introducing Janji -  a running apparel brand that provides water to those in need.  


The first Kenya-inspired design I saw.  But also Haiti, Peru, Ethiopia ... and more. 

So I started to poke around, read their story, check them out.  I liked what I saw. A lot.

Janji's vision is to use the power of running to create a healthier and happier world.
Buy a piece of Janji gear - give someone water for a year.
Nice. Simple. Sweet.


                                  Here's their website:     http://runjanji.com

                                  Here's their story in 90 seconds on YouTube:
                                            ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7UVcTle4c0&feature=youtu.be


So I started to buy some of their gear.  Nice.  In fact I was lucky enough to be their first Aussie customer!

Then at this year's Boston Marathon Expo I met co-owner Dave (and bought some more gear!).  I was a bit excited and thrilled to have a great chat with the crew.
Meeting co-owner Dave Spandorfer


And now I've been invited to join a tribe of runners as part of Janji Corps! I'm pretty stoked about that.  Why wouldn't you be? Any chance to encourage others to help others through things they love.

'Run for Another'.  The first of many Janji tshirts I'll own.
What do you love to do?  No matter how much you love it I know how you can take that lovin' to a whole new level ..... use it to help others.

Run for another.
Swim for another.
Knit beanies for another.

Whatever it is knock yourself out!


Andrew McKenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment